Monday, August 3, 2009

My Favorite Things

Often I find that when i come across an interesting subject I find myself completely engrossing myself in int for hours, if not days. If I were to attempt to write my thoughts about the subject down, i could go on for pages. Which gave me the idea to start this blog. I figure it may or may not be a good way to share my ideas and interests. Which reminds me, I should probably get to explaining what those are.

My favorite things. Well, first and foremost, my favorite subject is mathematics, and all it's branches. Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Graph Theory, Logic, Combinatorics. Secondly, I love programming. My most frequent languages or C++, Lisp, and Python (in that order). Programming has caused the mathematics under Computer Science to be my favorite. Now, I'm not an expert in any of these fields (I haven't even taking an official course in Calculus yet), so don't expect to find a master's thesis or anything like that. Just simple and intriguing tidbits of mathematical phenomena.

This blog will just be a means of delivering any interesting findings the world. These would most likely involve any of the subjects mentioned before. I don't claim my ideas are original or even difficult to discover. Though, I do try to present them in an original and intuitive way. (I truly detest mathematical papers that I have to read 10 times over in order to understand. I aim to keep that from happening).

And that's pretty much it. Nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment